Monday, October 25, 2010

Oven Roasted Potatoes


So, roasted potatoes. I've never been able to make really delicious roasted potatoes - you know the ones: a bit crispy on the outside but soft and fluffy on the inside and absolutely ridiculously good in the flavor department.

Last week we barbecued a couple of steaks that my mother in law had slipped into our freezer. Somehow it felt wrong
not to up the fancy factor of the side dishes considering that it might be the last barbecue of the season.

I broke out a few cups of the summer sweet corn I'd frozen not too long ago (which I tend to hoard throughout the winter) and then, (duh duh dummmm) The Potato Dish.

Thankfully we have fantastic resource websites out there like Food.Com and AllRecipes - both of which allow a person to sort the recipes by rating - ratings which are given by regular people in their home kitchens feeding their families and friends. If 703 of Jane Doe's say that a particular recipe is 4+ stars, its worth a try, in my opinion.

And you know what? They
were fabulous. Utterly ridiculous deliciousness. I'm contemplating making them again today, just because. I might even make them with breakfast, because how good would tasty roast potatoes all flavored up with herbs like marjoram and oregano and thyme and garlic be when chopped up into hashbrowns? Goodness.

Oven Roasted Potatoes
AllRecipes
Serves 4-6

olive oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 potatoes, peeled if desired and chopped into large dice

Preheat oven to 475F.

Toss potatoes with oil and herbs; arrange in single layer on parchment covered baking sheet. Bake approximately 30 minutes or until a thin sharp knife passes easily through potato indicating it is baked through.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I make the basil pork chops with these potatoes!!! I LOVE allrecipes.com I check it pretty much every day...LOL...you've gotta try the pork chops though if you haven't found them yet!! Super easy and so moist and yummy...the only tips I have for them are: I cut the brown sugar back a little, and to make sure you have a big enough skillet to cook them in all at once, or the sauce that they make burns by the time you get the last ones done. I've also put it in a mug/bowl to save until their all done, if I have to make them in shifts... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...