Thursday, February 24, 2011

Peanut Butter M&M Cookies


There has been a jar of mini M&Ms in my baking cupboard since just before Christmas. I cannot, for the life of me, remember why I bought them. They catch my eye every time I open that particular cupboard and I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use them. Peanut butter M&M cookies? Yes please!

A peanut butter cookie is only as good as it's texture. They should be soft, but not overly chewy; firm but with a bit of crumble. Am I peanut butter cookie snob? Don't answer that...

These didn't quite meet my criteria, but the M&Ms were a fantastic addition. Perhaps a shorter bake time next go-round will improve the texture for me. I'm not sure I'll be able to make peanut butter cookies without M&Ms now. Matt thought the cookies were great and the Bear, well, if it's a cookie, it's awesome. He approved.

Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
Pennies on a Platter
Makes 2-3 dozen


1 3/4 cups flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup shortening or butter for a flatter cookie

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup peanut butter

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 tablespoons milk

1/2 large bag M&Ms


Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment or silpat.
Whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl, set aside. With a hand or stand mixer, cream the shortening (or butter), sugars and peanut butter. Stir in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the dry ingredients and mix till just combined. Using a wooden spoon, gently stir in the M&Ms.

Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheets and lightly press down with a fork to barely flatten cookies. Bake 10 minutes; let cool on wire racks.


Liked something? Didn't like it? Questions? Leave a comment!

or

Follow me on Twitter!


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What cute little cookies. Those M&Ms really add a nice touch. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-6.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...